Hixson Holiday House Tour Dec. 6
November 20, 2009
The Hixson Holiday House Tour is set for Sunday, Dec. 6. This year's tour will feature seven homes in Webster Groves decorated for the holiday season.
The tour is from 1 to 5 p.m. and benefits the Hixson Middle School Parent Teacher Organization. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Rolling Ridge, Pudd'nhead Books, Sweeties, Freddie's Market, Straub's, Empty Nest, Webster Groves Book Shop and Mac Hardware.
Homes on the tour include:
- 227 E. Lockwood Ave., an Arts and Crafts style home formerly the residence for the St. Louis Artists Guild and once a designer showhouse. It has three floors decorated for the season.
- 116 Gray Ave., a Tudor revival, was originally built for the Straub family. It features spectacular millwork throughout.
- 636 Elmwood Ave., an 1898 Victorian home that has three floors of collectibles with historical significance.
- 150 S. Gore Ave., a "shotgun" style home that turned 100 years old this year that retains all of its charm and character.
- 310 Chestnut Ave., an 1888 farmhouse that has been returned to its original, historical state.
- 541 Sheffield Ave., a brand new home designed to fit in an older, historical neighborhood. The home has been custom outfitted from top to bottom.
- 164 S. Elm Ave., built in 1883. Its front parlor once served as a grade school for children in Webster Groves.
The tour features refreshments and a gift boutique in the Hixson cafeteria. The PTO is raffling off a limo ride for up to 10 ticket holders. Raffle tickets are $1 each or six for $5. They can be purchased at Sweeties or by calling Denise DeGhelder at 781-0234. For more information, visit www.webster.k12.mo.us or call 918-1333.
We are currently reviewing our online comments policy. If you have a comment, click here to send an email or post your thoughts in our Letters to the Editor section of the website. Thank you. |